Canada’s Start-up Visa (SUV) Program is intended to attract foreign entrepreneurs who wish to establish new, high-growth businesses in Canada
To be eligible for the Start-Up VISA under this stream, entrepreneurs must be accepted into a program offered by a designated Canadian business incubator or accelerator.
- Ownership of a business that is generating revenue with a product or service that is scalable, sustainable, and has a global marketing in the sectors of information technology, business services, bioscience, or renewable energy.
- Business model must be appropriate for this jurisdiction and must not negatively impact a business in the local marketplace.
- Submission of a business plan with financial and owners personal net worth statement.
- The business is financially self-sustaining or open to Venture Capital investment.
- Applicant is willing to live and work in Prince Edward Island and work in designated facilities managed by LaunchPad PEI for the first year of operation in the province.
- Applicants will allow LaunchPad PEI to conduct a due diligence process on your background, education and financial capabilities.
- Applicant is able to fund family obligations for a one year period of living in Canada (settlement funds). SUV Program Criteria.
- Applicant is able to meet or exceed minimum language requirements, in either English or French. SUV Program Criteria.
- Meet business ownership requirements. SUV Program Criteria.
If you are an entrepreneur and are interested in joining LaunchPad PEI through the SUV program, please fill out the application below:APPLY HERE